CCPSL was established in 2015 as a result of a series of discussions among all Chemical Pathologists. It is the major scientific and professional body for practicing Chemical Pathologists in Sri Lanka and plays a vital role in improving patient outcomes. We are in a leading position to collaborate and work with the policymakers and healthcare stake-holders to improve the status of the health care delivery in Sri Lanka.
CCPSL is dedicated to
- Advance the clinical and technical knowledge and skills in the practice of Chemical Pathology.
- Initiate, promote and facilitate research and development in Chemical Pathology and collaborate and support research in related disciplines.
- Encourage and assist undergraduate and postgraduate education in the discipline, thereby producing highly skilled and qualified medical professionals enabling them to effectively supervise Chemical Pathology laboratories throughout Sri Lanka.
- Establish a strong platform where members could exchange views on experience of work and research etc.
- Promote the interests of Chemical Pathologists and to nurture the importance of Chemical Pathology as a specialty among other fields of Medicine
- Foster rational use of Chemical Pathology testing via education and training
- Create awareness in the community on importance of laboratory tests in screening, diagnosing and monitoring of diseases and to provide vital insight and guidance so that patients get holistic care.
- Collaborate with international and national organizations for the continuing professional development of the membership.